Filtering of audit log for entities - feedback
This ticket was originally part of the #387 ticket, but I struggle with it over and over again, so I separated it here.
Original post: "Audit -> Entity history - I cannot find out, what Entity ID in filtr mean. No matter what I type in, I always get "Filter isn't valid" error message. If it is for Entity column, then id is missing in filter. Otherwise Entity is missing."
Update: After some struggle, I was able to find out, that the entity ID is to be found in audit log again. There is audit log as the menu item of the User detail. So I am able to find it (very frustrating, but ) and use it - in case of IDENTITY only.
USECASE: I want to find all changes on role "New Role ABC". I would expect that I can filter on audit log for entities by some "Name" attribute or so. Instead I have to go to detail of the role and find the ID of the object - which is not in the GUI. The ID is in the URL. - really ugly workaround.SOLUTIONS?
- Show ID on all objects details or lists in IdM - this is workaround for me. I would prefer better filtering on audit
- Filter on some key attribut of each entity (e.g. login for identities, Name for Role etc...)
- Add separate log specific objects as Ondra did for Identites. That log would filter on name and find the object as well as EAV and relations with other objects...
- any other solution proposal is welcome
#5 Updated by Radek Tomiška 8 months ago
- Status changed from New to Needs feedback
- Assignee changed from Ondřej Kopr to Vít Švanda
- Target version set to 10.3.0
- % Done changed from 0 to 90
Agenda of audits was improved in the meantime, so I'll try to summary solutions mentioned here:
- ad Show ID on all objects details or lists in IdM - System information can be shown on entity details, tables and all info components too (configurable by new identity profile) - quick links to audit are provided.
- ad Filter on some key attribute of each entity - When entity type is selected (e.g. identity or role), then codeable identifier can be used too (e.g. username, role code).
- ad Add separate log specific objects as for Identites - could be solved in new tickets.
Commit (include entity type + codeable filter decorator for audit table + filter help):
Could you please provide me a feedback?
Note: If new audit agendas are needed (e.g. for role), then it will be implemented in standalone ticket (and requirement).